What’s New in This Version
In this release we introduce a number of new controls that you can use to customize activity layouts. These controls go beyond simple buttons and custom graphics, and allow for sophisticated handling of feedback data and integration with outside systems such as IP cameras and web content.
- Dynamic text labels. Create floating text labels and place them anywhere in your activity layout. Select font size, width, justification, and coloring. You can even update text dynamically using state variables (for example, to display current track name or other information), and turn labels into hyperlink-style buttons.
- Slider controls. Adjust volume, light dimming, and more using slider controls. Designed to work with devices the provide feedback such as RS-232 receivers and lighting systems, slider controls provide visual feedback as to current level and a simple way to adjust quickly across a wide range of values.
- Embedded HTML content. Now you can embed HTML content into your activities, which is useful for advanced text styling, and even pulling in external web content using <iframe> tags. Create special hyperlinks within your HTML to invoke RedEye actions and scripts. Use hyperlinks to send HTTP GET commands for integration with other automation systems.
- IP camera integration. Embed Motion-JPEG IP camera feeds directly into your layouts so that you can see what is going on before you take action. Full support for HTTPS and password protected feeds, tested with as many as 8 simultaneous streams. Tap on a live feed to pause; tap again to play.
- URL launching scheme. iOS applications can now launch RedEye using the redeye:// URL scheme.
- Basic support for iOS 5. We have re-written significant portions of the application in preparation for iOS 5. This release offers full iOS 5 compatibility, with new features related to the OS update coming soon.
- Improved performance when synchronizing configuration data.
- Improved display of channel guide programming. Better handling of shows with spanning less than a half hour segment.
- Model number search no longer interferes with code set preview.
- Can download device codes using browser app when RedEye is set to use a static IP. Incorrect storage of DNS information was preventing the app from reaching our servers.
- After dismissing initial welcome screen, screen rotation within channel guide works normally. Previously on first launch of the app if you were to open the channel guide and browse movie photos on the iPad in landscape orientation, the screen would unexpectedly rotate to portrait orientation and parts of the application would reposition incorrectly.
App Store approval: 20 October 2011